The fourth location on the walking tour is initially known as the Wellington Hotel a part of the "Wellington Row." Unfortunately, when the hotel first opened in 1905 the establishment did not achieve the initial success it later received. In the beginning the hotel was very small and only offered 17 rooms. However, in 1911 things began to change for the Wellington Hotel establishment. The positive changes made by the hotel are credited to Claude J. Holder who took control of the hotel. Holder began making plans to renovate and expand the hotel's space. By 1923 the hotel was able to boast about being Albany's largest hotel having five hundred rooms and the only hotel with a built-in-garage for 200 cars. A typical one night stay at the hotel started at $6.50, and a weekly rate started at $15.00. 
Aside from the renovations, the hotel's location was able to attract more prestigious guest. The Wellington Hotel was close the State Capitol, the State Office Building, the Education Building and the Governor's Mansion. Therefore, the hotel was a popular home for legislators and officialdoms. For example, Mario Clerk a law clerk in Albany stayed at the Wellington in 1956 and later came back in 1980 when he became a lieutenant governor. 
Often times an establishment may go through different administrations. This was the case for the Wellington Hotel when the Charter Hotel took over in 1959. The Charter Hotel had many different hotels, but the Wellington was one of their most prosperous. The hotel's prosperity was evident on their brochure, whose motto was "All Roads Lead to Wellington Hotel." People from Boston, New York etc. were encouraged to stay a night in the hotel's suite, which offered air conditioning and a television set. 
By the late 1980's, the appeal for people to visit downtown Albany decreased and ultimately the Wellington Hotel went out of businesses. Afterward, the hotel became an abandoned building and got demolished in August 2014. Despite local Albany residents’ efforts to preserve the building as a historical landmark, the city decided that they needed the land for their future plans of building a convention center.